Thursday

The Chocolate God

It finally slows down at the coffee shop after a busy afternoon. I grab a damp towel to wipe down the espresso bar area while my fellow barista takes some dishes to the back. The counter area around the syrups can get fairly sticky, so I decide to start there. Earlier this week Barry inspected all of the syrups pumps and found some of the washers in the pumps needed to be replaced.The loose seal in the mocha pump allowed for a small leak. Thankfully, someone placed a small cup underneath the nozzle until the new washers would come in.

While I was wiping the area I glanced inside the cup and this is what I saw:

Photobucket


"Hey, check this out!" I called to the barista in back.. She peered inside the cup.

"It's a chocolate smiley face!" I said with a smile on my own face.

"It's kind of creepy." said said.

"Well, at least he's smiling at us." I said looking back inside the cup.

"Yeah, that's true. It sort of looks like he is winking at us." she added.

"Maybe he is trying to tell us something." I said cupping my hands into a megaphone over my mouth.

"WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL US CHOCOLATE SMILEY FACE!" I yell into the cup.

Five minutes later, several women walk in and order a couple of drinks.The oldest lady begins speaking to me, but her english isn't that great. She pulls two items out of her purse and is trying to talk to me but I can't understand. Her friend steps in and explains,"She says it is too hot inside the car and if you don't mind, she wanted to give these to you two before they melt."

She handed me two Symphony chocolate bars. I love Symphony chocolate bars.

"I will only take them if it helps you out!" I said already reaching over the counter for the chocolate. The ladies received their drinks and headed back into the mall.I handed my fellow barista one of the chocolate bars.

I cupped my hands back into a megaphone.

"THANK YOU FOR THE CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE SMILEY FACE!" I yell into the cup.

The Chocolate God has spoken.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha sorry Jason...the comments have to be somewhat kid-friendly! Haha...but I do hope your wish comes true and you find a special present under your pillow when you wake up. Or maybe you have to leave an offering under your pillow? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. I love how chocolate melts in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete